Clearing Title With The Help Of An Experienced Attorney
Even though land and property are tangible, the concept of land ownership is less so. For the most part, ownership is primarily a matter of documentation. Therefore, it is critical to ensure that the documentation accurately, consistently and thoroughly reflects your ownership of the property you are buying or selling.
At Douglas A. Booth, we have considerable experience in all aspects of Texas real estate law, including title curative work. By hiring us, you can rest assured that when the paperwork comes back to you, the title to your property will be clear and legally sound.
What Kinds Of Issues May Arise With The Title?
There are many common problems that can arise during title curative work. They include:
- Problems related to a previous owner’s ex-spouse being granted property rights in a divorce decree
- Confusion over ownership when the previous owner has died and listed the residence in his or her estate planning documents
- Lingering tax liens on the property filed against its former owner
- The existence of oil and gas leases on the property signed by a previous owner, which were not released when the property changed hands
- Errors or deviations from requirements in how the property is described in the lease or deed
- Failure to adhere to local documentation requirements
- Any other paperwork errors or omissions
Resolving these issues can feel like a frustrating scavenger hunt, which is why it is important to work with an experienced lawyer. Our firm is ready to attend to all details so that you can be sure you’re receiving a clear title to the property.
Contact An Austin Real Estate Closing Attorney Today
Douglas A. Booth, is located in Austin and serves clients throughout the area. To discuss your real estate needs, including obtaining a clear title to property, call us at 512-600-1202, or send us an email.